Tuesday 28 February 2012

Mathew Derbyshire T Rooms at Tramway



I enjoy the doll's house-esque quality of this show and the use of pattern and architectural styles mixed up and basterdised to create a new and confusing approach to architectural representation.
However, on a conceptual level I can't say that I completely disagree with many points made in this rather scathing review. I also have a problem with art that deals with important social issues with an approach that comes from a very particular social perspective on what is right for 'society'. Perhaps if the artist was from the city his take on it's architecture might be an easier pill to swallow but as it is, the comment does some across as rather hollow.

Still, many of the aesthetics appeal to me and this is why I have included the show here.

http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/scotland/visual_art_review_matthew_darbyshire_t_rooms_tramway_glasgow_1_2125210

No comments:

Post a Comment